Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> writes:

Hi Tomas,

>> So as I see it, I still have to use SWIG to turn these class hierarchies
>> in plain functions calls, and then I can use PicoLisp 'native' calls as
>> wrappers. Would be great though to have a ffi.l that knows how to deal
>> with C++.
>
> Yes, that seems like a good plan to attack the problem.  I imagine
> though that the generated C will be pretty bloated mess.

First experiments with sample C++ files have been encouraging so far. I
use this SWIG command line, which produces, besides the probably bloated
C code, a kind of 'Lisp pseudo code' too, that should be easily
transformed into 'native calls:

,--------------------------
| swig -cffi -c++ example.i

There are many other options, e.g. -python, -java,-alegrocl etc., but
this one seemed to be the most straigt forward to me. But I'm not sure
how complete the C++ coverage is, I think templates are not supported.

On the other hand, it seems that by the end of this summer, ANSI C is added
as a target language to SWIG, which would probably be the most straight
forward option to prepare C++ class libraries for 'native calls.

--
cheers,
Thorsten