Hi Alex,

On May 24, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:

>> If it works properly, I guess I could get it running on OSX as well when I
>> find some spare time...--
>
> That would be great! I must say that I gave up on that, see e.g.
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/picolisp@software-lab.de/msg03816.html

Well, x64 sucks, no surprise here, but not as much as x86. Perhaps a good
strategy here would be to use one of the C calling registers (%r9 for instance)
as a preloaded NIL. Restoring that value after calling C shouldn't be much of a
problem and would probably make code cleaner and faster.
I've done some preliminary experiments with that and it looks promising. What
do you think of such approach?