Hi Jon,

> that command line arguments to work, starting with a "-". I want my
> concatJsonsIntoArray.l to write its result to a file ../test.json.
> How can I give that file path as an argument to my script?

It depends how you call your script. The example I gave

>    (de isJSON (F)
>        (= "a" (pack (stem (chop F) "."))) )
>
>    (let Fout (opt)
>       (unless Fout
>          (prinl "No output file argument given")
>          (bye) )
>       (out Fout
>           (let Sep "["
>               (for Fin (dir)
>                   (when (isJSON Fin)
>                       (prinl Sep)
>                       (in Fin (echo))
>                       (setq Sep ",") ) ) )
>           (prinl)
>           (prinl "]") ) )

works if you call it as you did in your first mail

   $ pil ../concatJsonsIntoArray.l ../test.json +

because then (opt) is called inside "concatJsonsIntoArray.l" and it eats
up the following argument "../test.json".

> I've tried to read this
> <http://www.software-lab.de/doc/tut.html#script>, but it didn't help
> me today.

'script' is a different thing. It is not useful to be applied to command
line arguments, because these are already implicitly handled with
'load'. 'script' _is_ 'load', just with argument binding analog to
functions with variable arguments.

In short, I would recommend to go with (opt).