Hi Rick,

> It seems to me that the easiest way to overcome server volume(1)
> limitations ("http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html";), is by executing a much as
> possible on the client. See also: "http://www.generalinterface.org/";.

It all depends on the application. But, in my experience, the relative
load on the server is quite low in the current PicoLisp architecture.

Some things _have_ to be done on the server anyway, like validations and
synchronizations, so you can't put much on the client alone.

Also, the client does the most work anyway. The bottleneck is rendering
the layout in the browser, not the virtual representation of the GUI
components on the server. You can see that easily with 'top', if you run
both the client and server on a single machine.

And with tens of thousands of clients (doing heavy database work, not
just static pages) the situation needs to be analyzed carefully, and the
load distributed across multiple servers.

> Alex, thanks for pointing me to: "http://getfri.es/"; and "
> https://github.com/jaunesarmiento/fries";. Do you use this for testing; or,
> for production?

For production. At the moment the project is still in prototype stage.