Hi Thorsten, why do you want to do this explicitly since it's done for you
implicitly in all the various type of reference relations you have
(typically +Link)?

In Macropis I simply use the convention of having a relation called id auto
increment (by way of http://software-lab.de/doc/refG.html#genKey ) , that
way it doesn't matter which machine something is on, I will never have to
worry since something like the action /+Page/update/3/ always updates the
object of class +Page with id 3 no matter what the {x...} location might
look like.

However the impetus for this convention was actually the fact that
functions like db and collect need for instance a +Ref or +Key to be able
to fetch an object at all, having a +Key called id in all objects make
things so much easier.

But anyway, to really answer your question you might want to look into:
http://software-lab.de/doc/refI.html#id

And as far as the remote stuff goes with the db id and obj id combo AFAIK
you have to implement it yourself, you might want to start by reading this
discussion: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.picolisp.general/2849