Hi List

I crafted a tiny logging tool consisting of one function and some globals.
I'm new to picolisp (and its my first lisp), so feedback and advices are
greatly appreciated.

The thing is mainly meant for debugging or logging in server apps.

Code: http://beneroth.ch/pil/log.l

Features:
- turn logging on and off (globally or locally)
- different logging levels (debug, info, warning, error)
- output goes to stdout or files (configurable for each log level
individually)
- hook to dynamically change output channel/file
- flavour output with timestamp and/or PID

ToTest:
- not sure if parallel writting to same file could be a problem.
  I would assume with each call of (out "+file") the file gets opened,
written, and closed, so first come first served. Didn't test yet.

Other ideas:
- not sure how my function is in spirit with the standard picolisp
- not sure how this is combatible to the builtin logging functions like
(err) and (trace)
- it would be nice if (err) output could be redirected to another function,
  but I think its not possible. maybe if logging would be done in another
process, and stdout from the (debugged) process redirect to the logging
process?

All in all, I was very surprised how short this code turned out.
In other languages this would be much larger, or not even possible easily,
e.g. to reconfigure settings for some local parts of code.

cheers,
Andreas