On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Jakob Eriksson <ja...@aurorasystems.eu> wrote:
> Is it hard to implement minimalist version of minipicolisp in browser ?
> Like http://tryclj.com/ ?

Hi Mike.
There is EmuLisp, a JS implementation by Jon Kleiser.
It is not advertised much on the official PicoLisp website.
Jon wrote it as a pet project to understand the internals of PicoLisp better.
It is of course much closer to ersatz or minipico than the real picolisp,
and still far from complete but very usable.
At least, I use it! I use it in a real project (an embedded language,
with pedagogical purposes only).
Jon is very reactive and try his best to answer/implement my suggestions.

Home page:
http://folk.uio.no/jkleiser/pico/emuLisp/
Console:
http://folk.uio.no/jkleiser/pico/emuLisp/console.html
Semi-official and semi-main repo:
https://github.com/grahack/emulisp
A hint about the saneness of the implementation (how 'quote is implemented):
https://github.com/Grahack/EmuLisp/blob/master/emulisp_core.js#L931
The home page of my language (French only):
http://microalg.info/

> On August 28, 2014 7:41:12 PM CEST, Mike Pechkin <mike.pech...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Maybe not with Emscripten.

I once tried to compile minipico with emscripten. Discussed somewhere here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.picolisp.general/4392

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Michel Pelletier
<pelletier.mic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 64 bit version of picolisp can be ported to any "machine".  There
> is an existing emulator that generates C code, another emulator that
> generated Javascript would be cool!

I once thought about http://asmjs.org/ but as I understand this project,
it is not what we could call a JS implementation of an asm.
Deceit.

chri

--

http://profgra.org/lycee/ (site pro)