Hi Kuba!
I see that Jakob and Alex already covered most of your inquiry, but i'll just
answer you too ;)

> First of all, great progress with the pilMCU so far, I hope the EEPROM
> continues to work and you can move on to the next step.
Thanks!! and yes, i utilized one push button so that every time i press it it
will increment the PC counter then it will fetch from EEPROM the stored
bytecode :) now i'm a bit busy with work coz of the coming CES :( but don't
worry, the I2C hurdle was done so EEPROM write should be already done, just
need to properly align the state machine inside ;)

> A small suggestion - please put big image files on some site (imgur etc) and
> attach - it would be easier, downloading large email file takes time (I don't
> use webmails like gmail).
Oh! sorry about that and actually Jakob already called out on this, sorry
everyone i this will not happen again, either i change to smaller resolution or
use an external link as Kuba suggested

> Further, I have a couple questions on the implementation, > you said you had
> an emulator running picolisp already -
yes, we still got it ;)

as Jkob said, its a new 64bit CPU :)

> I'm just trying to have a sense of what the pilMCU will become - will it be
> running on some kind of microcontroller, or will it actually run on a FPGA
> with a dedicated CPU, or maybe will it be some kind of ARM or MIPS core >
> running on FPGA running the picolisp ?
As of the moment, its the "will it actually run on a FPGA with a dedicated
CPU". This is just considered as prototype stage? And once we got this running
and able to get the funding we need? we will proceed of doing it to ASIC? or
even better but expensive, fabricate it to an actual standalone microchip? this
would be the ultimate goal, but does ASIC version has the same purpose correct?
but yes, the goal is to have a pilMCU chip on its own development board in
which would look like RPi, or TI BB or other microcontroller kits these days
that are capable of running Linux? once we got this running Alex already
started implementing an OS which is now stored on an SD card :)

> Think for example of micropython or armpit-scheme - those are able to run on
> many microtrollers, I personally run them on a STM32F4 that's quite powerful
> (1MB flash, 200KB RAM) - pretty good for a mictrocontroller
ah yes i think i read it somewhere? but hmm the difference is this still is not
considered as bare metal running of python or scheme, they still rely on a
small vm inside the microcontroller correct? or do you mean python and scheme
is used as programming syntax but then it is compiled to a STMicro binary?
As mentioned by Alex, there is the miniPicolisp, im not sure on which MCU it
was run, something like Arduino maybe? Give it a try if you have time ;)

BR,geo

     On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:14 PM, Alexander Burger
<a...@software-lab.de> wrote:

 Hi Kuba,

in addition to what Jakob said:

> Think for example of micropython or armpit-scheme - those are able to
> run on many microtrollers, I personally run them on a STM32F4 that's
> quite powerful (1MB flash, 200KB RAM) - pretty good for a
> mictrocontroller

I compiled miniPicoLisp here on an STM32F4-Discovery. Works almost
without changes, basically I removed only the command line parsing
stuff, and decreased the allocation size from 1 MB to 32 kB.

As miniPicoLisp now can compile Lisp expressions to C code (see also
http://picolisp.com/wiki/?miniCodeROM), you can incrementally test Lisp
functions in the 196 kB of RAM and then move them to ROM.