Hi Lawrence,

> I've got a shell account with an ISP and I'd like to run picolisp locally
> in home.

I assume that you can 'ssh' to that machine, and then have a normal,
non-root access, right?

> Is that just a regular local install . . . or can I just move a
> minimal set of picolisp file structure over? I'd like to develop on this

If you don't have root access and cannot install a global PicoLisp from
a distribution, I would say that you simply install locally. Fetch and
unpack the latest version:

   $ wget software-lab.de/picoLisp.tgz
   $ tar xfz picoLisp.tgz
   $ cd picoLisp

Now it depends whether this is a 32-bit or a 64-bit machine. Please
check the INSTALL file for details.

> shell account. BTW, what's the difference between a "deployment" of
> picolisp (i.e. simply run a picolisp repl) and a normal development
> environment? I'm guessing not much?

Right. I would say it is the same. You just need to add your
application's sources.