Hi Luis,

> that seems to imply that https/SSL has been implemented.
> So my question, can a https server application be build in Picolisp
> with a certificate signed by some CA?

Yes. PicoLisp application servers may use the 'httpGate' proxy that
comes with the distribution.

For example, the demo app in https://app.7fach.de uses a certificate for
7fach.de

In fact, also the PicoLisp Wiki runs on the same machine, and could be
called as https://picolisp.com, though this gives a warning because the
cert is issued only for 7fach.de.

httpGate has also other advantages, as presenting a single port
(typically 80 or 443) to the client, resulting in better XMLHttpRequest
behavior due to the same-origin policy. Also, it automatically starts
server processes whenever needed.

> If so, what part of the documentation am I missing?

Unfortunately, this is not fully documented yet :(

The basic call is (as root):

   <pathTo>/bin/httpGate 80 8080
   <pathTo>/bin/httpGate 443 8080 <pem>

This starts two proxies, one listening on 80 (http) and one on 443
(https). Both will connect to a PicoLisp server listening on 8080.

For automatically starting PicoLisp servers, you can call it instead as.

   <pathTo>/bin/httpGate 443 <names> <pem>

The file <names> holds a configuration for the servers to be started.
This is the part which still needs to be documented.