Dear JB, greetings!

Firstly, sorry for the slight delay in my reply.

> terminal software installed on them, although HyperTerm is installed
> by default, it's probably blocked as I can't find it. I

Please see this [1] link. TeraTerm helps? OR as John suggested,
Termite might work too! Thanks John!

> any special cables for the emulator or is it just the USB power
> cable?

Nothing else at all. Just the USB power cable. :) That cable serves
two purposes - board power and RS-232 emulation over USB (using
Atmel's USB_CDC software stack).

I'm pretty sure Mizar32 can work with Windows - I don't see a reason
why it can't work. The Mizar32 should get recognized as a serial
device. For that, I think you need a few drivers from Atmel. I'm not
very familiar with the Windows side of things.

But for a quick solution, would it be very hard for you to install
GNU/Linux on Windows within a VM? (I know it's an ugly solution). I
can check with the guys at SimpleMachines if they can point us in the
direction of the drivers. I'll post again as soon as I have some news.

> Also, once that's set up how do I invoke Picolisp? Thanks.

Once you have the handshake between the PC and your Mizar32, simply
press "reset" on your board. (SW-2; I guess). In any case, you're
looking for the switch which is away from the voltage regulator IC.
(There are just 2 switches on the board).

Once reset, you should see the Hempl prompt on your serial terminal
emulator. Let me get back to you with more information.