From: picolisp@software-lab.de <picolisp@software-lab.de> on behalf of Erik
Gustafson <erik.d.gustaf...@gmail.com>
Sent: 12 December 2015 19:18
To: picolisp@software-lab.de
Subject: PicoLisp Website

My dearest fellow PicoLispers,

I should have shared this two months ago! I don't know why I didn't. Anyway, I
think PicoLisp is the coolest and wanted to give something back to the
community.

I made a functional mock-up of a possible new homepage for PicoLisp, which can
be found here:

https://github.com/erdg/picolisp-website

I set out to build something that reflected the awesomeness of the language as
I see it, while respecting everything that came before me. The logo is just a
different take on the existing logo.  And you'll recognize a lot of the writing
from various PicoLisp sources and tutorials; I grabbed the bits that I thought
most effectively described what PicoLisp is about, and weaved them together
with some of my own prose. I think it's fun read (albeit a little verbose) that
would inspire newcomers to give PicoLisp more of the attention it deserves.

It was built entirely with PicoLisp, love, and CSS. No frameworks, no extra JS
(or BS, for that matter). I tried to keep the CSS as minimal and modular as
possible - just a few tools and utils that I think fit very well into the
PicoLisp philosophy.

Do try resizing your browser! It's pretty responsive. Not bad for my first
foray into the world of frontend design :)

Now, I will admit that this falls more towards the designer side of the
developer/designer spectrum of websites. It's basically a PicoLisp version of
the Haskell website at this point. I'm not entirely sold on it myself and the
'Try It' section is pretty corny, but I wanted something concrete to work
towards and this is what came of that effort.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the code or design choices.
Even more, I'd love to hear what you all think! What do you like? Anything that
doesn't sit well?

Frankly, my end game is to inspire the community to begin work on a new
PicoLisp website. PicoLisp has come so, so far in the last year! It's spreading
to more architectures, embedded devices, more people are joining the mailing
list than ever, writing and sharing software. I love every second of it! So I
wanted to give you all something to react to, to start the conversation.

I had a blast creating this, and I hope that comes through!

Peace, love and PicoLisp,
Erik