Hi,

Just before Xmas I got the brand new Raspberry Pi Zero, a tiny computer on a
tiny card, costing $5. It has got a Broadcom BCM2835 processor (1GHz ARM11
core), 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM, and is capable of running a lot of useful
software (browser, mail, Python, Java).

<https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/>
<http://www.arm.com/products/processors/classic/arm11/arm1176.php>

As I don’t know much about the different kinds of ARM processors, I just wanted
to try if 64-bit PicoLisp could run on this Pi Zero, but I may have been a
little too optimistic. This is what I got:

pi@raspberrypi:~/PicoLisp/picoLisp $ (cd src64; make)
cc -o sysdefs -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 sysdefs.c
strip sysdefs
./mkAsm emu "" .c Linux base "" ../lib/map  version.l glob.l main.l gc.l
apply.l flow.l sym.l subr.l big.l io.l db.l net.l err.l sys/emu.code.l
cc -c -O -fomit-frame-pointer -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 emu.base.c
cc -o ../bin/picolisp emu.base.o -Wl,--no-as-needed -rdynamic -lc -lm -ldl
strip ../bin/picolisp
./mkAsm emu "" .c Linux ext T ""  ext.l
^CMakefile:145: recipe for target 'emu.ext.c' failed
make: *** [emu.ext.c] Interrupt

I had to Ctrl-C after it had been “busy” (100% CPU) for a few hours.

Building 32-bit PicoLisp wasn’t any more successful, but Ersatz ran fine
without complains. ;-)

/Jon