Dear Jake,

> I got my LCD screen for the Mizar a few days ago, it came with the
> wire mod done so that the USB can be used to power it instead, I
> have

Great!

> both USB ports plugged into my PC and am using Minicom to
> communicate with the Mizar.

Both USB ports? I'm not sure I get this. There is a single USB port
for powering your MCU board and your 16x2 LCD. Right?

> Anyhow, none of the LCD commands like (mizar32-lcd-prinl 'Hello)
> seem to do anything, the screen is also just completely
> green. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

OK; From this I understand that the support for the LCD module for
PicoLisp has been compiled for Hempl. Have you tried the reset button
on your LCD shield? The reset will (re)initialize the I2C interaction
between your LCD and the AVR32 over the I2C bus.