I'd love to use full PicoLisp, because it is still small, but it is POSIX
dependent so you need Cygwin to make and distribute to Windows systems.
Windows is still the largest gaming platform.

8th programming language builds on most platforms, is small, but it's a
Forth derivative. Red language builds on most platforms, is small too, and
it could almost be considered a Lisp, but I stop want to use PicoLisp. I'd
be willing to learn to extend it, and learn in the process too.

If I understand you, I would need to write an FFI for miniPicoLisp, like
Native for normal PicoLisp, that will work with the calls from openGl.l and
math.l, correct?

Thanks, Alex!

Rob
Hi Rob,

> So what other libs and files do I need to drag into miniPicoLisp to get
the
> existing lib/OpenGl.l to work other than math.l? And, how difficult is it
> to get math.l working in miniPicoLisp sufficiently to do any openGL work?

I think it is quite hard to get @lib/openGl.l to work with miniPicoLisp.

Or, to be exact, it is not possible. @lib/openGl.l is just a wrapper for
the OpenGl "glu" and "glut" libraries using the 'native' function of
pil64. And 'native' is missing from miniPicoLisp. So the whole wrapper
is meaningless, and you must call OpenGl functions from explicitly
written C glue code. Not difficult, but needs to be done.

Same with @lib/math.l, which consists also only of glue functions.

Also, I'm not sure if mini is a good idea. It lacks the database, so
more interesting games are out of reach. Why not pil64, where you can
use @lib/openGl.l right out of the box?