On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 09:46:28AM +0700, Robert Herman wrote:
> I think Java is valid, but this is for fun, and to further my PicoLisp
> education. Plus I think Ersatz is slow even for Java, no?

Indeed.

in @src64/main.l

> defined?), and a custom lib for everything, no openGl? I know there is a

Yes, all drawing is done pixel by pixel into buffers, and then copied to
an XWindow.

> to a limitation ;)
> I will look at your rcsim code, Alex, and maybe I can grok enough to use it
> for a game lib?? I find digging into the code more and more interesting

It would be possible to use @lib/z3d.l in a game like misc/rcsim.l, but
it has a lot of limitations (e.g. no textures). On the other hand it is
completely independent from any libraries except X11 (which might be
replaced by some other window system).