Hi,

I want to send arbitrary messages to an object MyObj. If I have a word "msg",
then I want to send the message 'msg> to MyObj. I do it like this:

(setq Word "msg")
(setq MsgSym (car (str (pack Word ">"))))
(try MsgSym MyObj)

Is my use of (car (str (pack Word ">"))) the best way to convert a word into a
sendable message symbol?

If MsgSym is not a message that can be located in MyObj, then the “try”
function will return NIL. However, depending on the message, the “try” function
may also return NIL for valid messages. What’s the best way to find out if
MsgSym is/was a valid message symbol for MyObj?

/Jon