If you have no Lisp background, and what you want to learn is PicoLisp, then I
don’t think learning Common Lisp first will be any advantage. I believe Common
Lisp differs quite a bit from PicoLisp.
If you have experience with some other popular language X, then you can compare
the Rosetta Code solutions for X and PicoLisp,
You should also study this tutorial http://software-lab.de/doc/tut.html, and
when you have questions, use this mail list, or the IRC channel,
To keep yourself motivated, I think it’s smart to pick a nice little task (not
too complicated) that you want to solve, using PicoLisp. Go for it!