On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 01:49:28PM +0100, Joh-Tob Schäg wrote:
> I think if Regenaxer adds a new function the function pointer and thereby
> the binary(assembly code) becomes invalid.

You misunderstood the question.

> > On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:28:06AM -0500, Bruno Franco wrote:
> > > I don't really know any asm, but since the asm code for the picolisp
> > > functions is just a (vi 'function) away, I feel tempted to try.

(vi 'function) edits the (Assembly- or Lisp-) *source* of 'function'.

This has nothing to do with the function pointer, i.e. the address the machine
code gets loaded to by the system linker at runtime. And this address is not
predictable at all, it may even change upon each invocation of the binary,
depending on the linker and kernel's memory policy.