Hi David,

> Thank you Alex for another exciting utility as well as more example code to
> learn from.  I'm having some difficulty installing vip and I hope someone
> can help me out.  Using a 64-bit Netrunner (based off of Manjaro based off
> Arch) install, a fresh 16-12 picolisp installation, and ncurses installed I
> get:

> [/usr/local/bin/vip:10] !? (265391 $177770060141011 $177770060141013
> $177770060141015)
> [DLL] /usr/lib/libncurses.so: file too short

Yes, this is the common problem. I tried to explain it in the article, perhaps
it got a bit too short:

   For Debian, however, I had to install libncurses5, and set a symbolic link
   (for reasons I don't really understand):

      $ sudo apt-get install libncurses5
      $ (cd /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu; sudo ln -s libncursesw.so.5.9 libncurses.so)

   It seems that other Linux distributions need similar actions. Good luck!

So it is important that you set the symbolic link!

(For some reasons, the default "libncurses.so" is NOT a shared object library
which can be called from C programs, but a text file with some kind of pointer
or link in it)