Hi Alex and thanks for the speedy reply.

> Yes, this is the common problem. I tried to explain it in the article,
> perhaps
> it got a bit too short:
>
> Oops, I was trying to avoid the common problem.  Not your directions so
much as my misunderstanding of C perhaps, see below.  Following your
directions I backed up the existing libncurses.so and made the 6.0 version
appropriate files installed by pacman and it worked on the first try.
Thank you for the help and for all of the code.