Hi Alex...

re multiple entry points...assuming that means setjmp and longjmp which
save and preserve those registers above (albeit the 16 bit ones SP & BP as
their 32bit equivalents) I've just looked at the code for setjmp and
longjmp and in they're in asm anyway and look fairly innocuous

http://www.jbox.dk/sanos/source/lib/setjmp.c.html
so...I see no reason why they can't be replicated in Powerbasic along with
the save record. (There is a link to the assembler INSIDE the last link of
this post)

I did notice mention of signals in the source code and here's a discussion
re signalling threads in PB

https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/user-to-user-discussions/programming/62044-what-is-the-best-way-to-signal-a-thread

<https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/user-to-user-discussions/programming/62044-what-is-the-best-way-to-signal-a-thread>

Stack control was an eye opener i.e. in addition to the meta statement

#STACK num_expr....Set the maximum potential stack size.

here's a link re stack overhead reduction with some additional links
further down that expand on the subject.

http://www.powerbasic.com/help/pbcc/stack_overhead_reduction.htm
Best Regards
Dean