Hi Alex...I see,
Sorry for the delay...I've spent most of the day trying to get a crashy pc
to run windows and Powerbasic to do this but have done it....I did need to
use a Fastproc which creates no stack frame and is a much leaner and meaner
version of a sub/function,

#COMPILE EXE
'#DIM ALL                     'commenting out...means no declare line needed

GLOBAL gP???              '??? means DWORD

FASTPROC x
    ? "1st_half_x"            '? short for print
hlf_way:
    gP??? = CODEPTR(hlf_way) 'address of halfway
    ? "2nd_half_x"
END FASTPROC

FUNCTION PBMAIN () AS LONG
    p??? = CODEPTR(x) + 0
    !call p???       ;asm way to call (x in this case_
    CALL DWORD gP??? 'or higher level way to call (hlf_way in this case) :)
    WAITKEY$
END FUNCTION

'output is...
'1st_half_x
'2nd_half_x
'2nd_half_x
'waits for waitkey$
~

Fastproc is a mean and lean alternative to a sub/function creating no
stackframe and receiving arguments as register variables.

I'll report back on some of the other stuff.