Wow...really pleased I asked. Those are great examples and I'm sure I'll
learn a lot from them. I've needed to process lists/trees most of
programming "life" and the languages I've used haven't exactly regarded
them as first class citizens and this has slowed me down quite a lot. I
don't have that problem now and despite my lack of familiarity and needing
to look a lot of stuff up....the results are extremely rewarding. Thank you
all for your help and advice.

Best Regards
Dean