Picolisp has a release archive readily downloadable here...
http://software-lab.de/down.html.
In my limited experience with picolisp, it actually reminds me of sqlite  (
http://sqlite.org) in its approach...

"Small, Fast, Reliable. Chose any three"

Sqlite seems to have a particularly effective source management model and
an astonishingly active mailing list.
The only way to get the latest (or even moderately recent) version of
sqlite is to download a pre-compiled snapshot from the website or build it
yourself. Both very trivial tasks for the motivated.

The source repo for sqlite is Fossil (
http://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki).
Fossil, written for sqlite, holds all the code, history and docs in a
sqlite database. How 'lisp' is that? ;)

Alex,

Picolisp has the wiki, vip, built in database all written in picolisp... is
an scm such a big leap? Just a thought :)

/Lindsay