Well, since microcom and screen can both read the data fine, logically
it must be a fault either in my picolisp programming, or the way
picolisp handles input. At home I've been playing around with coding it
different to try to capture more in a single read, such us using 'rd,
and introducing delays at various points, but no luck so far. I'm going
to try to strace microcom and see what it does differently. Maybe it all
has something to do with the ioctl params...?

Incidentally, is the a way in picoLisp to pull all available data from a
file (not just a line) in one call, but without evaluating said data?
There's load, but that always evaluates the file data. I guess I could
do a character at a time and poll for eof...?

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet