On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:20:07PM +0100, Dean Gwilliam wrote:
> Thanks very much Alex.

Welcome :)

> On 18 May 2017 at 07:00, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 07:40:34AM +0300, Mike Pechkin wrote:
> > > cant play videos on windows 10 in chrome-firefox-opera
> >
> > Hmm, really? Here on Android with Firefox it works, and also on Debian
> > both in
> > Firefox and Chromium.
> >
> > However, it seems to take quite a while until the page is ready, because
> > it has
> > are 18 videos in total (despite the Wiki does preload="metadata" in its
> > <video>
> > tag).

After some discussions in IRC, we decided to change the Wiki <video> tag from
'preload="metadata"' to 'preload="none"'. This improved the situation a lot it
seems.

It turned out that Chrome cannot handle more than 6 videos in a page (and this
article has 18!), because it ignores the 'preload="metadata"' attribute, but is
unable to handle more than 6 concurrent connections to the server, so it chokes
itself ;)