I want to thank all the replies to this thread.

I kind of got discouraged looking at some PicoLisp source code and thought to myself. I am not sure I can do this.

Philosophically I think PicoLisp is great. A small language. A small and fast, efficient interpreter. Distributed database applications with a browser based GUI. Great interface to C. An amazing feature set in as dynamic a language as exists. VIP rounds out an amazing tool.

After I finish my C book, I will suck it up and do the hard work necessary to get Lisp/PicoLisp in my head. With the exception of numerical functions on arrays/lists, Numpy like stuff. It seems to be a great fit for a lot of what I would like to do. But if native performance with numbers on arrays/lists isn't sufficient. I can always call into C.

Again thanks for the links and suggestions and an amazing tool to work with.

Jimmie Houchin