Hi,

> It sounds like containers may be exactly what you want.  The same
> development environment isolated from your host OS of choice.  Docker
> containers run great on Linux and my understanding is that Windows is
> gaining/already has better support than the past.  There's not much more
> work to get persistent storage working, all the directions are in the links
> I posted.  I hope that it can be useful to you.

yes, containers are great. In fact I was thinking it would be easier
and cheaper to ship a raspi or an old phone with picolisp and the
app installed than to muck around with windows. Picolisp in termux
would be more than sufficient and could also run in any emulator
on windows.
But it is somehow bizare that it is cheaper to buy an extra computer
than port a piece of software.

Richard

--
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers