Something that would be of more interest would be a comparison of
Scheme and PicoLisp. I think even people who who use CL a lot are kind
of embarrassed about a lot of the design choices, and recognize that it
was meant to be a practical hodgepodge of features from different
lisps, rather than a focused design philosophy.

Of course, a lot of the same points below would still apply. But with
Schemes the whole issue of composability vs monolithism as mentioned in
the chrisdone.com article pretty much melts away. SRFI-1 has all the
"haskell" functions mentioned in the article.

I work with Guile Scheme, and to me the biggest differences between
Guile and PicoLisp are: (1) Guile code is compiled (though often at
runtime); and (2) Guile is designed from the ground up to interface
well with system libraries (you can even embed Guile inside a C program
fairly easily).

Of course, scheme is really just a language specification and design
philosophy, and implementations get even more fragmented than CL does,
because Scheme is more minimalistic and extensible than CL. So, perhaps
a comparison of Scheme and PicoLisp would be even more challenging.

--
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager