Hi Alexander,

just posted my success story :-)

I just downloaded the latest PicoLisp deb package and tried to install with
dpkg.
It failed, because it missed libssl1.1.

After quite a bit of searching I thought I had to upgrade Linux (apt-get
upgrade).
So, I did that, because it wouldn't hurt anyway.

Retried install of PicoLisp. Same error.

Tried to install libssl1.1 using apt-get install, which didn't seem
possible.
So, I downloaded it's deb package and installed it with dpkg.

After that picolisp installed just fine. So far, so good!

I notice that the package name is picolisp17.12+20180218-1, which seems to
be version 17.12 (looking at that name),
but "pil -version" says 18.2.17. How about that?

Now I'll try if everything works :-)

Thx. for all the help (also the others in the community).
I'll chime in on IRC as well.

Alex: keep up the good work! PicoLisp is great!

Now I'll have to learn it, but luckily I know quite a lot about Scheme,
Racket, Lisp and Clojure already.
Having an integrated db and a gui is impressive, a fresh breeze compared to
a lot of bloatware.

Thx. again,
/Arie