Yup!
Bash was an example of the sheebang, it will occur with any program run
like this, because it is the Linux kernel who loads the interpreter. In our
case PicoLisp.
Android runs on Linux and everything that wants to run something has to
ultimately call a clib or uclib (except in very rare exceptions) exec kind
of function and this a syscall.
The syscall will then read the file and find the sheebang '#!', read until
the first "next line" char. If the file is edited on Windows, normally,
depending on the editor, will end in \r\n

That's

#!/bin/pil\r\n

It will read:

#!/bin/pil\r

Which obviously doesn't exist and will tell you so, but you won't see the
'\r' char and that's the confusing part.
May be this wasn't the case but it may occur and it is nice to know,
specially if working on Windows.

Kind regards,
Manu