Well for one i had tried this feature. The idea was neat and i liked a bit.
Would have even used it always.
But due to certain restrictions/issues didn't. Like being confused if i was
inside or outside the quotes.
The tsm-mode in emacs having empty (doubles) quotes invisible made it unusable.
Else it was good.

PositronPro