Hi Alex et al,
I've wondered about this question for a bit. Why should list be the
fundamental data type? Should it not be a dictionary? Dictionary is
essentially a function - mapping a domain to a range.

Is it that list could be built more easily with cons cell as the building
block? Is it like list and dictionary are like the universal gates nand and
nor - one is preferred because of the nature of the material being used? I
use the universal gates example here because I was fascinated by the idea
that I could represent a dictionary in a list (although less efficient) and
a list in a dictionary (potentially improving the efficiency).

Regards,
Kashyap