Lisp, interpreted languages in general, are single core only. Thus, a
Hetzner CX11 offer for 2.98€/month https://www.hetzner.de/cloud always is
sufficient, even for 60 clients.

The is a huge discussion out there about Python GIL, many people claiming,
that Python applications (Django, Flask) couldn't scale.

But there is a solution for that, a very cheap one: You only have to use
multiple A-record entries in DNS for automatic load balancing between
several PicoLisp Hetzner Server instances:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5319649/using-dns-for-failover-using-multiple-a-records

This way, your application will scale _endlessly_ even without a costy load
balancer. That's because the behaviour to pick randomly one of these DNS A
record IP Adresses is built-in into any browser.

Only problem left, is to asynchronously sync the database content across
several physical machines.

I personally tend to use http://dqlite.io , the little, distributed brother
of famous SQLite, which is built in into all browsers under the name
IndexdDB.

But, in fact, "distributed database", in Picolisp, comes for free:

**Integrated Distributed Database Engine**

*Build large, distributed databases with fewer headaches and fewer
dependencies*

Database functionality is built into the core of the VM, making PicoLisp a
language for querying and manipulating databases.

For that, PicoLisp includes a built-in application framework and Prolog
engine so you can create, organize, inspect and change (and even build a
fancy UI for) your data - all with a uniform and concise syntax.

And when it's time to scale, PicoLisp has you covered - creating networks
of distributed databases is built into the core as well. It's simple and
powerful, and makes few assumptions about your application architecture.

From: https://picolisp.com/wiki/?home

With this, Picolisp even beats _extremely expensive_ commercial solutions
..

Especially Closure and Datomic -> dustbin! US bloat!

Have fun!