I agree with a lot of this, however I do somewhat oppose the creation of yet another new package manager (see IRC chat logs).

Perhaps try to follow the same "rules" for repos:
- readme, changelog, license, makefile, test.l, module.l

That would be a good start to standardize information about PicoLisp projects, and would make it trivial to discover what's available, their versions, and dependencies through the 'module.l' (which summarizes the project and is accessible through a global constant APP_INFO).

There has been some initial work on trying to manage everything through the module.l file, but I never got very far, again due to my strong opinion on (and against) package managers.

Perhaps someone can write a script to pull all the info from the various module.l files and generate a quick HTML page? Maybe I'll do it? haha. In any case, it's just a list, so it's quite flexible and open to improvements (ex: adding a 'contributors' field, or 'install' instructions (I think i've done that somewhere in another project haha)).

AW