Hi Shaughan,

> 'Sorry—I should have been more explicit: I meant in storage. That is, there
> is no
> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.software_lab.pilbox/files
> and no
> /storage/<sdcard>/Android/data/de.software_lab.pilbox/files.
> Is there a way to store large files on an external sd card?

I see. I never used /storage/<sdcard>/..., as my devices have no external
storage. But I do use /storage/emulated/0/ on various occasions.

Out of the box, PilBox does not need it, so no directories are created. But you
can do things like

   (call "mkdir" "/storage/emulated/0/Android/xxx")

depending on which place the system allows access to.

I created here "/storage/emulated/0/pb" (for "PilBox"), or I use
"/storage/emulated/0/" directly, as this is symlinked in Termux as
"~/storage/shared/".

> is it possible externally? In particular, if I have a file generated by an
> app, say, /data/data/de.softwa|e_lab.pilbox/files/MyApp/MyFile, how can I copy
> MyFile outside PilBox to, for example, email it?

The easiest is to use the Termux "~/storage/shared/" directory. Does e.g.

   (call "cp" "MyApp/MyFile" "/storage/emulated/0/")

not work?

Or even create the file directly there:

   (out "/storage/emulated/0/MyFile"
      (print ...

> I've been busy bugging you with newbie questions so let me explicitly say that
> I love this! I'm lying in bed right now, developing an app on my tablet.

No problem! It is good if you ask such things here, it might also help others :)

☺/ A!ex