Hi Sjain

I would recommend to periodically compute hashes of the files (e.g.
using b2-sum command line tool, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLAKE_(hash_function) ), if a file
changes, then it's hash changes (binary or text doesn't matter).
When you combine this with a well secured backup, you should be able to
detect and identify such changes.

Kind regards,
- beneroth