Hi pd,

On 16.12.21 10:17, pd wrote:
> : (quote (quote (quote a)))
> -> (quote (quote a))

In which practical use case do you ever need such an abhorrent nesting
of quotes?
If you need ''a or even ''''a in code, then I strongly suspect your
software design is not appropriate for the specific use case.

About compatibility to lisp dialects in general - nice point.
But I'm having doubts about this being not just a superficial
theoretical whim, are there really any lisp dialects between which
general lisp knowledge is enough to be effective, without studying the
specific language? I have the impression that lisp dialects are very
diverse, while looking similar the differences are very consequential
and no useful programming can be done without studying them, maybe even
more so than the many languages which follow C syntax style.

Theory is nice, and focusing on theoretical elegance might be useful for
language research and pure math. But reality is messy, especially when
human users are involved (which is the case with most software systems).

Regards,
-- beneroth