On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 05:14:15PM +0100, Frithjof Schulze wrote:
> I can’t say much about other the rest of the code, but “This” is not an
> argument, but a global variable managed by the system to have the current
> object
> as a value:

Right.

> > On 21. Dec 2022, at 16:51, polifemo <brunofrancosala...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What does this mean? Why is This being passed as an extra argument that is
> > not
> > in the method definition? When can you pass extra arguments and have it make
> > sense?

The syntax of message passing (i.e. method calls) in PicoLisp is

   (message> object arg1 arg2)

Read as "message is sent to object".

The object is not really passed as an *argument*, but is the target of the
message sending, and is implicitly bound to the symbol 'This' while the method
body runs.

The method would be defined as

   (dm message> (Arg1 Arg2)
      ... )