     Other improvements already done are horizontal slider now hide each
whole event and not have unused positions (see commits #527 and #539) and
port  the GUI to new API bindings created by Sebastien (toady, see commits
#525 #526)

                 1 - Addition controls to change relations among the axises
improving the  preview of  graphic;
     According to Wegman 1990, reordering of the axes was considered a vital
type of analysis best supported by this type of representation.
Relationships among a
small  number of variables would be difficult to discern if those variables
were distant from one another on representation, readjust each position of
variable and your
relations can be interactively explored to enhance the graphic.

                    1.1 - There are improvements in this step, that
Sebastian ask us, like add buttons that Addition/Remove axes. When Addition
axes we know as duplicate axes  on graphical view and not plus dimension,
became better the view of events.

                       For continues, the next steps are defined in proposal
and after hack picviz we have a glimmer that how make then. The knowledge of
GUI allowed us rearrange the
                    steps, as some depend other. For improve the GUI, we
created a roadmap to have a blueprint to follow and for allow us to not be
confuse in codification
                    process. As you know, people fail because they don't
have a set of blueprint to follow and because they fail to plan.

2 - Allow user to select an event.
    Selecting a event is needed by all other features. For brushing; delete
and filter something, we need select some or at least one event.
    The GUI have a item (lineItem in QT) for each line between axes, i.e.,
exists some lines to each event. We need to think how create a linkage for
all lines that represents an event. The PyQt give to us a manner to select
each item in the graphic and we need overload this class to selection of a
item be mapped to select the whole event.

3 - Addition features to apply brush effect to provide method of plot marks
manually;
    Selecting multiple events to detach them seems to be very effective
method of drawing attention to signatures of a group observations that share
similar values of one attribute. In addition, brushing can be used to
highlight a subgroup of observations which have an inverse relationship
between two variables.
    3.1 - Allow brushing of a layer (obviously before this the layers need
have correct support in GUI).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW RELEASE OF GUI MODULE -> A release can be done with the features it will
have in this date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 - Addition features to apply scroll on graphic (like google maps) so that
to improve the preview of graphic from big datasets;
    This is very intuitive and is a dependency to next step.

                 5 - Addition features to apply zoom/focus effect in some
aspect from graphic;
     I don't know if it would be the right zoom tool or focus tool. The
density of lines in the graphic can be reduced dramatically using a focusing
tool. Through the implementation of this feature it will be possible isolate
portions of share a value or a range of values of a particular variable.
Focusing the PCP reduce the visual clutter and remove the lines that are not
important to each observation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW RELEASE OF GUI MODULE -> A release can be done with the features it will
have in this date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          6 -  Addition controls to choice a file log and a parser log,
using the frontend, so that become easy the build of graphic from any
service log;
      This feature will facilitate the process of creating the graph, so
that the user does not need go to the command line to create the pcv file.
This is possible through the steps, select the parser, select the log and
plot the graph. Save the pcv file should also be possible. Save file is a
feature aided by engine (already created), maybe this feature will be
included in above steps

7 -  Dynamic graphic ploting;
    Create a method for real-time getting information from log files to
ploting  its dynamically.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW RELEASE OF GUI MODULE -> A release can be done with the features it will
have in this date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 8 -  Automatic parser creation through user aided selection
of sections text in the log.
     Create an visual tool to build parsers, i.e. by user selecting desired
parts of text to be variables to automatic creation parsers. Trough analysis
of excerpts of log it's possible to create an useful parser to each desired
type of line log. This feature will be a bonus, still was not very planned.
We can see how this will aid a Security Analist but we can't see how picviz
will support that. Mike was presented to us and he talked about the gPP
(GenPicVizParser), he is willing to help us in this task and he allowed us
to use the gPP code.

    A schedule of steps is defined below, it's show the planning of coding
and releases .

   * Step
*  * 1° week
*  * 2° week
*  * 3° week
*  * 4° week
*  * 5° week
*  * 6° week
*  * 7° week
*  * 8° week
*  * 9° week
*  * 10° week
*  * 11° week
*  * 12° week
*   *1*

  *1.1*

  * 2
*  X

  * 3
*

  *3.1*

  *Release*

  * 4
*

 X  X  X

  * 5
*

  *Release*

  * 6
*  X

  * 7
*

  *Release*

  *8*

  *Release Final*

  * Tests on Picviz
*  X

   Well, is this what we wanna talk to them.

Cheers!

--
Victor Hugo de Oliveira Amaducci
Rua: Albertina de Jesus Martins, 45, Barão Geraldo - Cidade Universitaria -