Hello

I'm certainly not the best person to answer but I will try ...

You can see a "project" as a group of files and rules when your are
working on a particular task

A project consist of a :

* Project Name
* Project Directory where you store your files
* Project Controllers which are things you often do in your project
   like building it, publishing it, executing
   you can configure controllers with environment variables, working
directory, execution command and so on

Francois