...versus build/install on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04).

I've built the latest (from HG) PIDA on Linux and like it a lot.   But
when I build on Mac OS X, with what I think are all the right
libraries from Macports, I'm missing a lot of icons, e.g., in the
Projects/Files/Buffers tabs and the bottom status bar -- no icons.
There are the "standard" gtk icons in the menus and things..

Any clues as to why some icons are missing?   Am I missing a package
or it's not finding a library/package needed?