On Jan 9, 2010, at 9:46 PM, Tim Flink wrote:

On Jan 9, 2010, at 6:16 PM, RonnyPfannschmidt wrote:

On Jan 10, 1:49 am, RonnyPfannschmidt <ronny.pfannschm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
On Jan 10, 1:48 am, RonnyPfannschmidt <ronny.pfannschm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Jan 10, 1:36 am, RonnyPfannschmidt <ronny.pfannschm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Jan 10, 12:35 am, Tim Flink <t...@tirfa.com> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2010, at 4:28 PM, RonnyPfannschmidt wrote:

On Jan 7, 4:20 am, Tim <t...@tirfa.com> wrote:
I would like to try out the new 0.6 beta 3 of pida but I'm having
trouble getting it to build on Fedora 11. When I follow the
instructions for cloning from hg on trac (http://pida.co.uk/wiki/
InstallationHowto) I get the following error out of setup.py:

sphinx not found, skipping user docs
running build_ext
gdk-pixbuf-csource --static --build-list        \
               MOO_HIDE_ICON hide.png                  \
               MOO_CLOSE_ICON close.png                \
               MOO_STICKY_ICON sticky.png              \
               MOO_DETACH_ICON detach.png              \
               MOO_ATTACH_ICON attach.png              \
               MOO_KEEP_ON_TOP_ICON keepontop.png      \
                       > stock-moo.h.tmp && mv stock-moo.h.tmp
stock-moo.h
/bin/sh: gdk-pixbuf-csource: command not found
make: *** [stock-moo.h] Error 127
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "setup.py", line 202, in <module>
   data_files=data_files,
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 152, in setup
   dist.run_commands()
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 975, in
run_commands
   self.run_command(cmd)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 995, in
run_command
   cmd_obj.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 343,
in run
   self.build_extensions()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 469,
in build_extensions
   self.build_extension(ext)
 File "setup.py", line 94, in build_extension
   cwd=os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),'contrib/moo')
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 462, in check_call
   raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['make', 'prepare']' returned
non-zero exit status 2

I have gdk-pixbuff and gdk-pixbuff-devel installed from the Fedora repositories but I can't seem to find a file named gdk- pixbuff-source
much less anything on the path.

Does anyone know of a fix or a workaround for this? I'm going to keep looking but I figured that I would ask in case someone else runs into
this.

well, finally a reason to try fedora, i'll set up a vm and take a look
.

I figured part of it out but have been waiting for this to post to go
through before I sent anything else.

I think that gdk-pixbuff-csource was part of gtk2-devel but I ended up installing that as part of another package. I'm in the process of re- installing fedora on my machine so I'll be going through this again
soon, probably later today or tomorrow. I'll post fedora build
instructions once I have that figured out.

I was also having some issues installing the beta on Fedora but
haven't gotten around to figuring that out yet. 0.5 from the fedora repositories works but for some reason, the beta can't seem to find
gvim, emacs or medit. I'll post more as I figure it out.

Tim

i'm set up for investigation now, hopefully we'll have a working set
of dependencies for fedora in a few moments

Ronny

ah, i also needed to install python-dbus-devel

so i guess the basic needs are pygtk-devel, gcc, python-dbus-devel,
gvim

ops, its actually called dbus-python-devel

ok, i upgraded the installation howto to add some of our findings, i
hope it will work, but i fear it might be incomplete

http://pida.co.uk/wiki/InstallationHowto needs a bit more review

Ronny

I went through the installation instructions on trac and ran into some issues with missing dependencies.

The list is currently:
pygtk-devel, gcc, dbus-python-devel

The list I needed to get pida to build and install was:
pygtk2-devel, gcc, dbus-python-devel, gtk2-devel

* Note the name change on pygtk2-devel, pygtk-devel isn't a valid package name

The installation issues I had before have gone away (I didn't have dbus installed before) and everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help,

Tim

Sorry, forgot to include system information

I was using a fresh install of Fedora 12 i386 (not the liveCD). Packages were up to date as of today and almost nothing was installed outside of the base Fedora installation (no extra package groups, only a few things like screen and focus-follows-mouse configuration that I prefer to use).

Tim