Question #66384 on Pidgin changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/66384

Description changed to:
As an ICQ user I would like to see in Pidgin such a useful feature as
X-statuses support. I have found on the Pidgin bug tracker that they have such
a bug (http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4508), a patch is already made and
will be included in the upcoming 2.6.0 release.
But I know that packages in Ubuntu repos aren't built on the last day, and
there are only a couple of weeks left 'til Jaunty release.
So the question is simple: will all the thousands (perhaps millions) of people
who use ICQ on Ubuntu have this much-awaited feature in the next release or it
will take another half a year until Ubuntu 9.10?

Pidgin Rocks, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.