New question #90428 on Pidgin:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/90428

I am using Pidgin on Windows and Ubuntu.
I have set up accounts from Google Talk, MSN and Sametime, and everything seems
to work fine.
However, when running in Ubuntu (rel. 9.10) the Sametime contact list and the
status of Sametime contacs is updated very slowly. It takes up to 30 minutes
from logon before my list of 36 colleagues is updated. When running in Windows
i do not have this problem... could it be the Sametime server handling requests
based on client operating system?

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Pidgin Rocks, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.