New question #97204 on Pidgin:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/97204

I have problems sending files using the yahoo protocol to my friends. I'm using
Pidgin 2.6.5/Ubuntu9.10 and he's using Yahoo! Messenger 10.0.0.1102-us/Windows
7. The problem is that the transfer doesn't start. He can see me sending the
file, and he gives accept but.. nothing happens. Sometime works only after 3-4
retries. I have this problem with all my friends using Yahoo Messenger for
Windows.

Pidgin Rocks, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.