Dear Wiki user,
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change
The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by DmitriyRyaboy.
Applications and organizations using Pig include (alphabetically):
* [[http://www.cooliris.com/|Cooliris]] - Cooliris transforms your browser
into a lightning fast, cinematic way to browse photos and videos, both online
and on your hard drive.
* We have a 15-node Hadoop cluster where each machine has 8 cores, 8 GB ram,
and 3-4 TB of storage.
* We use Hadoop for all of our analytics, and we use Pig to allow PMs and
non-engineers the freedom to query the data in an ad-hoc manner.<<BR>>
* We generate Pig Latin scripts that describe structural and semantic
conversions between data contexts
* We use Hadoop to execute these scripts for production-level deployments
* Eliminates the need for explicit data and schema mappings during database
* 3x30 Nehalem-based node grids, with 2x4 cores, 16GB RAM, 8x1TB storage
using ZFS in a JBOD configuration.
* We use Hadoop and Pig for discovering People You May Know and other fun
* We use Hadoop to store and process our log file
* We rely on Apache Pig for reporting, analytics, Cascading for machine
* We use commodity hardware, with 8 cores and 16 GB of RAM per machine
* We use Pig extensively to process usage logs, mine tweet data, and more.
* We have maintain [[http://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird|Elephant
Bird]], a set of libraries for working with Pig, LZO compression, protocol
buffers, and more.
* More details can be seen in this presentation:
* More than 100,000 CPUs in >25,000 computers running Hadoop
* Our biggest cluster: 4000 nodes (2*4cpu boxes w 4*1TB disk & 16GB RAM)
* Used to support research for Ad Systems and Web Search
* Also used to do scaling tests to support development of Hadoop on larger
* [[http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop|Our Blog]] - Learn more about how
we use Hadoop.
* >40% of Hadoop Jobs within Yahoo are Pig jobs.