Dear Wiki user,
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change
The following page has been changed by OlgaN:
= Is Pig the right platform for your scenario? =
* Need to analyze data that is small (''kilobytes''), tall (''megabytes''),
grande (''gigabytes''), or venti (''terabytes'').
* Want to be able to create, modify and reuse your analysis logic easily.
* Process one data set at a time
* ... or need to combine multiple data sets.
* Do simple processing (e.g., count the number of images on the web)
* ... or complex processing (e.g., count the number of images that contain
then '''Pig is right for you'''.
On the other hand, if you:
* Need to retrieve individual records, or small ranges of records, from a very
large data set (e.g., lookup Joe Smith's customer profile).
* Have real-time data serving requirements (e.g., assemble a web page for Joe
in under 100ms).
* Need to be able to do random writes to specific data records.
* Don't like barnyard animals.
then '''Pig is not right for you'''.