I find it somewhat inconsistent that we treat both relations and bags
the same.

SIZE(A) where A is real bag will be different in implementation than
SIZE(A) where A is a relation - For the former, all the data is already
in a container and one can just inspect the size. For the latter, you
have to do a group ALL-COUNT - this would be very confusing from a
backend implementation point of view.

If we do treat relations and bags as equivalent, then all statements
which currently work on relations should work on bags (say in my input
data). Here is an example:
A = load 'bla' as (bg:{t:(x:int, y, z)}, str:chararray);
B = filter A.bg by x < 100; -- Directly access the bag "bg" inside A
(which is supposed to be bag too) and filter on on it - likewise other
operations possible on relations should work).

Also A = load 'bla'; B = COUNT(A); will have to be supported (implicitly
by a map reduce boundary doing a group ALL -COUNT). This will be done
under the covers and it may not be obvious to a user that and explicit
group ALL - COUNT and a direct COUNT(A) are the same.

Thanks,
Pradeep